Friday, January 16, 2009

Goo Gone

Ok, so after about 7 months of looking at window stickers, I finally decided that today was the day for them to be gone. Now this is not the easiest of jobs because window manufacturers really want you to know who made your windows, at least I am guessing that is why they use so many stickers on each window and use superglue to adhere them. All of this just means that I spent a lot of time this morning looking at my windows which I decided are filthy. Work makes work.

Now that I am a full-service real estate agent, I have been keeping quite busy. We listed the house today here: www.HomesByOwner.com/31549, put an ad in the DSM Register online, and we are also paying for a listing on the MLS. I am confident (for some reason) that if people could just see our house, they'd want to buy it. To that end, I have trained my little mini-agents to regard toys and clothes on the floor, unmade beds, and open closet doors as Mortal Enemy #1. No wonder Matt is so happy.

Speaking of my darling husband, Matt is officially a busy man. I got a call from a friend today who saw the classified ad I placed on our homeschooling group's website (more free home advertising!), and she has lots of work for Matt to do before her daughter's wedding, if he has time! I guess having 4 different construction/remodeling jobs lined up in the next 2-3 weeks is a good sign. He's concerned about having time to look for work, but I say as long as the work is looking for you, go with it!

On a family note, we're enjoying watching the series "5 Mile Creek" that we are borrowing through the Netflix gift Matt's parents gave us for Christmas. I have fond memories from my childhood of waiting pensively for the next one to come out on video and the whole family would sit and watch it. The girls love it, and if I could have found my camera in time I'd have posted a picture of Bethany driving the horses (Madeleine and Emma) this morning, complete with "Hi-ya!" and robe ties as reigns.

It's time to get to work. Windows don't clean themselves.

1 comment:

Prayer Intentions

  • ~For humility and joy.
  • ~For truth to reign in the hearts of men.
  • ~Thank you, Jesus, for the precious gift of family and friends.
  • ~For the grace to be a good mommy!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mandie DeVries is a wife, homeschooling mother of 6 children, and a catechist of the Good Shepherd. She received recognition as a CGS Level I Formation Leader by the National Association in September 2015 and is currently studying for her Masters in Theology at St. Meinrad School of Theology. For several years she wrote a weekly article about adventures in Catholic parenthood and CGS-related vignettes for her parish blog and parish bulletin called "Faith Formation Begins at Home." She continues that work today on several blogs: faithformationbeginsathome.blogspot.com, cgsformaion.blogspot.com, and familyfiat.blogspot.com.