Monday, February 16, 2009

A Prayer

Searching in my heart's own way,
Humbly I seek--
To find the path, the narrow way,
The loving words to speak.
t
Confused by my own weakness,
I falter, yes, and fall.
The loving person I could be
I'm sometimes not at all.
t
I know, my God, I cannot pay
This debt of sin I owe.
I cast myself into your sea,
Your waves destroy my foe.
t
Now in the secret of my soul,
Grace increase my self control,
Make me blind when others fall,
Grow my charity for all.
t
Now dear Lord, I must confess,
this worry about my holiness,
may lead me to such "holy" pride--
much worse than sins I cast aside...
t
So make me holy, make me free,
But in your mercy, don't let me see,
Or I may on my laurels rest,
And for the good, forsake the best.
t
But if my faults despairing steal,
The joy of serving you, and zeal,
Then Dear Jesus, I request,
That with your consolation blest,
I may serve You evermore.

2 comments:

Prayer Intentions

  • ~For humility and joy.
  • ~For truth to reign in the hearts of men.
  • ~Thank you, Jesus, for the precious gift of family and friends.
  • ~For the grace to be a good mommy!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mandie DeVries is a wife, homeschooling mother of 6 children, and a catechist of the Good Shepherd. She received recognition as a CGS Level I Formation Leader by the National Association in September 2015 and is currently studying for her Masters in Theology at St. Meinrad School of Theology. For several years she wrote a weekly article about adventures in Catholic parenthood and CGS-related vignettes for her parish blog and parish bulletin called "Faith Formation Begins at Home." She continues that work today on several blogs: faithformationbeginsathome.blogspot.com, cgsformaion.blogspot.com, and familyfiat.blogspot.com.