Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"The Trouble With X"

So a good friend sent me a link to something C.S. Lewis wrote called "The Trouble with X." Pretty good stuff. After you read that, come back here and I'll tell you what I decided.


I decided after reading this several months ago that I would fix those things in me that were driving other people to drinking. Oh, and this funny thing happened. I couldn't change!!!!! I have struggled to stop several of my most annoying habits, but they keep on habiting. This colossal failure to improve has given me a great deal of appreciation for the struggles other people must be going through. The "Trouble with X" is that I am driving "X" crazy.

In some ways, we find it so hard to change ourselves that we look outside of us and try to change the world (as if that would be easier). Like Father H. said on Sunday, if we can just change ourselves, we can change the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Intentions

  • ~For humility and joy.
  • ~For truth to reign in the hearts of men.
  • ~Thank you, Jesus, for the precious gift of family and friends.
  • ~For the grace to be a good mommy!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mandie DeVries is a wife, homeschooling mother of 6 children, and a catechist of the Good Shepherd. She received recognition as a CGS Level I Formation Leader by the National Association in September 2015 and is currently studying for her Masters in Theology at St. Meinrad School of Theology. For several years she wrote a weekly article about adventures in Catholic parenthood and CGS-related vignettes for her parish blog and parish bulletin called "Faith Formation Begins at Home." She continues that work today on several blogs: faithformationbeginsathome.blogspot.com, cgsformaion.blogspot.com, and familyfiat.blogspot.com.