Wednesday, October 28, 2009

De Profundis

Far deep down inside my soul,
Down to where I seldom go-
There is a longing, soft, but strong,
Hope is calling Hope along.

"Come to me, come deep inside
your inmost soul where I reside.
The love I've given, strong and true,
My Love is calling Love in you."

I'm still not sure just where to go
to find the center of my soul-
Listen soft and listen still--
Divine calling Will to will.

With stumbled steps I heed Your voice,
Approaching You, we both rejoice.
My eyes don't see, but still I know,
Light is calling light to grow.

"Fathom depths inside of you,
and find your Lord is in there, too."
From the depths I cry to Thee,
For Deep is calling deep in me.

1 comment:

Prayer Intentions

  • ~For humility and joy.
  • ~For truth to reign in the hearts of men.
  • ~Thank you, Jesus, for the precious gift of family and friends.
  • ~For the grace to be a good mommy!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mandie DeVries is a wife, homeschooling mother of 6 children, and a catechist of the Good Shepherd. She received recognition as a CGS Level I Formation Leader by the National Association in September 2015 and is currently studying for her Masters in Theology at St. Meinrad School of Theology. For several years she wrote a weekly article about adventures in Catholic parenthood and CGS-related vignettes for her parish blog and parish bulletin called "Faith Formation Begins at Home." She continues that work today on several blogs: faithformationbeginsathome.blogspot.com, cgsformaion.blogspot.com, and familyfiat.blogspot.com.