Sunday, November 29, 2009

Going to the Desert

I am going to the desert
to sit with God alone.
I will not take my IPOD,
my laptop, or my phone.

I am going to the desert
with no favorite food or drink.
I'm going there to listen
to the silence and to think.

I am going to the desert
because I hear the voice
crying in my wilderness:
"It's time to make the choice...

To straighten out your crooked heart,

Fill dark valleys in your soul,
Tear down pride's mountains and prepare
a highway for the LORD."

So as the Spirit drives me--
to the desert I will go.
The things I substitute for God
will not be going, though.

I'm asking to be emptied
of all I love instead,
then to come back full of Life--
WORD Incarnate Fed.

Pray for me, my friends, and I
will surely pray for you.
I'm going to the desert as
my LORD called me to do.

1 comment:

  1. As I sit here- *tears streaming down my face*- I realize I am really going to miss you, and perhaps that I already do, and I can't wait for you to come back! I will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete

Prayer Intentions

  • ~For humility and joy.
  • ~For truth to reign in the hearts of men.
  • ~Thank you, Jesus, for the precious gift of family and friends.
  • ~For the grace to be a good mommy!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mandie DeVries is a wife, homeschooling mother of 6 children, and a catechist of the Good Shepherd. She received recognition as a CGS Level I Formation Leader by the National Association in September 2015 and is currently studying for her Masters in Theology at St. Meinrad School of Theology. For several years she wrote a weekly article about adventures in Catholic parenthood and CGS-related vignettes for her parish blog and parish bulletin called "Faith Formation Begins at Home." She continues that work today on several blogs: faithformationbeginsathome.blogspot.com, cgsformaion.blogspot.com, and familyfiat.blogspot.com.