Tuesday, November 3, 2009

"Learn From Me"

You sit there all alone, the Creator of us all.
"Come all who labor and are heavy burdened" is Your call.
Yet You sit alone in darkness, and in daylight it's the same.
There is no one greater, yet alone here You remain.
Some scattered, faithful souls come to sit alone with You,
But many don't acknowledge GOD when they are passing through.
Yet you, my Creator, still will sit here all alone--
Whispering your majesty upon this marble throne.

"Learn from me," You whisper, as I'm sitting here today,
"Learn how much I love you to be treated in this way.
If I come as King of Kings, this sight the world can't bear.
No, I'm changing hardened hearts in silence, sitting there.
Learn from me--do not demand the treatment you deserve.
Make a tabernacle in your heart and learn to serve.
And then I will not be alone, in darkness or in day,
And nor will you, my child, for I go with you on your way.
Let your actions be like mine, through tabernacle shown.
Learn from me, for I am meek and humble on this throne."

Jesus, let our hearts become an ark for You, our Lord,
And may Your meek and humble Heart forever be adored. Amen.

1 comment:

Prayer Intentions

  • ~For humility and joy.
  • ~For truth to reign in the hearts of men.
  • ~Thank you, Jesus, for the precious gift of family and friends.
  • ~For the grace to be a good mommy!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mandie DeVries is a wife, homeschooling mother of 6 children, and a catechist of the Good Shepherd. She received recognition as a CGS Level I Formation Leader by the National Association in September 2015 and is currently studying for her Masters in Theology at St. Meinrad School of Theology. For several years she wrote a weekly article about adventures in Catholic parenthood and CGS-related vignettes for her parish blog and parish bulletin called "Faith Formation Begins at Home." She continues that work today on several blogs: faithformationbeginsathome.blogspot.com, cgsformaion.blogspot.com, and familyfiat.blogspot.com.