Monday, May 24, 2010

First Holy Communion

Well, things have been busy around here, and today I am actually almost caught up on laundry and even have some granola cooking. I thought I would post some pictures that I have of Bethany's BIG weekend last weekend. :)

This one is after her First Reconciliation. She is wearing a white pinafore that SHE designed and helped make with the Sacred Heart of Jesus on it. (He loves us so much, His heart burns for us!) She received the garment and the candle to signify the "cleansing" of the white garment she received at baptism. When we enter into Christ, it's darn near impossible to keep from getting in the muck! But we know that at the wedding feast of the Lamb, our garments will be white. Reconciliation is when we wash them clean in the blood of the lamb.


This is the cake we got from our new favorite grocery store: Fareway! Bethany was so excited to see the grapes and the vine, because one of the Bible studies she did in preparation for this day was John 15:1-11: the True Vine!
This is a cropped pic that was a large group. I didn't think I should publish a pic of all 22 children!



This last picture is on the way home.. She wouldn't take off the veil (from my wedding dress) all day, but it looks like she has the crown off by this point. It was one happy day for her. We had Grams and Papa D. over for a little while--Papa slept (so did I), but Grams had fun playing with her grandchildren, I think! Bethany requested Chinese Food for supper, so we ran out and got take out from a local joint.

She's pretty grown up, and has now received her 4th communion--2 yesterday! She told me last Friday, "You know, Mom, I've been thinking about my First Communion all week!"


We have more pictures from the photographer, but these are the ones we have so far. Bethany wore the same dress that I wore at my first Communion, and the same one that my (girl) cousins on my mom's side and all of my aunts (on mom's side) wore, too! The dress is 56 years old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Prayer Intentions

  • ~For humility and joy.
  • ~For truth to reign in the hearts of men.
  • ~Thank you, Jesus, for the precious gift of family and friends.
  • ~For the grace to be a good mommy!

Followers

About Me

My photo
Mandie DeVries is a wife, homeschooling mother of 6 children, and a catechist of the Good Shepherd. She received recognition as a CGS Level I Formation Leader by the National Association in September 2015 and is currently studying for her Masters in Theology at St. Meinrad School of Theology. For several years she wrote a weekly article about adventures in Catholic parenthood and CGS-related vignettes for her parish blog and parish bulletin called "Faith Formation Begins at Home." She continues that work today on several blogs: faithformationbeginsathome.blogspot.com, cgsformaion.blogspot.com, and familyfiat.blogspot.com.